Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bike Polo


What a blast this game is.

Tonight we played 4 hours of Hardcourt Polo. We started right around 8 and really didn't stop until 12.

Dan and Stefano, the grassy veterens, were right on point like always. Colin and Eric showed up with the Trimmers and Leaf Blowers so we could clean the rest of the court up and guys I really cant thank you enough for that. These guys show after all day of cleaning up those high elevation PC yards and than come down and kill it on the Court. Mark had some great sleeper steals, walks them down the court and put's it in the ne.t You always count on Colin for those death sprints down to the goal...where he will make one every once in a while.

We had some new guys...well new to the SLC crews. Chase, Gage, And Tyler came down from Ogden and put on quite a show. When you play with these guys in O town you have to prepare for long fast sprints down the goal(Long narrow parking garage), so when they came to play at Liberty I thought they might be off there game a bit because of the tighter court but I couldn't have been more off on that assumption. Gage, who is running it fixed and no brakes, can really hold onto the ball and was working the court with Dan passing back and forth. I hope to play more with these fellas.

So, Saturday trying to get people together for some Polo up in PC. They have a nice inline hockey rink...high walls, curved corners, shot nets....boo ya.

We should have it figure out on Friday and I will lay down the specifics. If you are interested let me know. Honestly the more the gooder, I am thinking some beers will be up there and thinking about a BBQ in the mix. If we are going to do this it must be done right.

1 comment:

  1. Haha how fun!! I wish I had the talent for such a sport! Too bad I can't even let go of my bike with both hands!! ;)

    ReplyDelete